Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
I hope everyone had a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving! We did. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family the day before and then we left that night and drove to east Texas to spend the holiday with D's family. As always, we had way too much food but we were able to visit with family and see some friends that we don't get to see near enough. All in all, it was a great time. We spent the rest of the weekend visiting with family and we had a fish fry on Saturday, which was delicous. Now, I'm trying to wrap my brain around the countdown to Christmas! Happy Holidays!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- I'm thankful for Christ and the sacrifice that he made for us.
- I'm thankful to live in a place where I can openly worship him - even if those around me don't believe the same way that I do.
- I'm thankful for my family. They are loud and crazy and each one of them more unique than the next and I am blessed to be a part of them. They are opinionated, stubborn, loving and supportive and I know that they have my back - no matter what.
- I'm thankful for my husband and the relationship that we have and the love that we share. I always assumed that I would get married - but I had no idea that I could experience this much joy with another person and for that, I am especially thankful.
- I'm thankful for my friends. Some of which are more like family and I'm so lucky to know them. They are all so different but the one thing they all have in common is loyalty. Well, and supportive. This has been a difficult year for D and I but we were shown an outpouring of love and support and we will be eternally grateful for the friends that we have in our lives.
- I'm thankful for obvious things that we sometimes take for granted - a warm place to lay my head at night, clothes to wear, and food to eat.
- I'm thankful for my job. This has been a crazy year and we've made a lot of changes but we are really coming over the hill and are better for it. We have a great group of people that are really becoming a family and I'm thankful that I'm a part of that team.
- I'm thankful for my sweet baby girl Coco. She is more than a dog - she is the sweetest little thing in the world and I absolutely adore her. I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without her.
- I'm thankful for things that make my life easier - drive thrus, electric staplers, post its, the iPhone, and I'm especially thanful for Google.
- I'm thankful for dark nail polish, MAC eyeshadow, Dior lipgloss, Chanel and Gucci perfume and pumpkin shampoo.
- I'm thankful for Mexican food and margaritas and the good company I enjoy while going out for Mexican food.
- I'm thankful for it all - I'm thankful that I woke up today and that I can spend another day with my friends and family and D, worshiping God, working, loving on Coco and enjoying all of the materialistic things I don't need, but I love anyway.
I hope you all take some time to remember all of the things that you are thankful for and how blessed we all are - even though its sometimes hard to remember that.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Two weeks ago today, I had another miscarriage. That's the second one in just a short five months. D and I are heartbroken but are trying to remain optimistic in terms of another pregnancy.
We went in to see our fertility specialist and he recommended having some testing done to see if there are any underlying factors that would have caused this miscarriage. We went in last week to both have blood taken (they took one vial of blood from Darren and 17 vials of blood from me!!!) and it has been sent off to be tested. They are going to perform a series of about 30 tests on it, to see if there is anything going on that they can fix. Their main concerns are chromosome abnormalities, blood clotting issues, un-wanted antibodies in my blood, or hormone issues.
We are trying to be patient while awaiting the results, which should be available in about 3 weeks. Of course, that's easier said that done. In the meantime, we're continuing to pray that we will find some answers and hoping for the best.
I wanted to write this today, because I know that everyone deals with things differently and I know that so many people deal with things like this quietly and privately but I think that sometimes it helps if people talk about it. I know that it's a lot easier for me to deal with this if I can talk to other people about it and hear that I'm not alone in this. The thing that is most surprising to me during all of this, is how many of my friends and family, or friends of our friends have gone through rough patches and dark hours like D and I have. When things like this happen to me, I feel so alone and I think sometimes as women our first instinct is to wonder what we could have done differently or what we did wrong and while talking to all of these women - its easier to understand that there wasn't and we didn't. It's not our fault and that these things are difficult and life and pregnancy is a lot more fragile than we let ourselves believe sometimes.
So, in light of all of that - I just want to put this out there... If there is anyone out there, that ever needs someone to talk to or you know a friend or a coworker or a sister, or whomever that is going through something similar and she needs to talk - send her my way. I would be happy to talk to any of them and let them know that they aren't alone.
Sometimes, we just need to we're not alone through the rough patches.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
I can't believe we've been married for 3 years today. Sometimes it seems like an eternity, and sometimes it seems like just yesterday.
I know more than ever, that I married the person that God made for me. I have always believed in soul mates and I know that you are mine. We've been through a lot in our short marriage - especially this year and when things got all dark and gloomy - we were brought closer together and our marriage became stronger. I know that we can get through anything together - we're an amazing team.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
The sign-in table
Bridgett made the blanket for Clayton's nursery.
I was very pleased with how the shower turned out and I think everyone had a great time! Now, it's time to start working on the next one! A dear friend of mine is pregnant and I've been asked to help with her shower. It's in January so I have some time off before I have to get crackin'!