- Leftover Stock from Thanksgiving
- Leftover Turkey, broken into pieces
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cans of Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 family size bag of boil-in-bag rice (this is approx. 3 cups of rice)
- 1 bunch of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Sliced carrots (canned, or fresh - whatever you have)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté the diced celery and onions in the butter, until tender.
- In a small pot, boil water and cook boil in bag rice (according to directions on package).
- In a large stock pot, bring the stock to a low boil. Add all the cans of soup and stir to incorporate.
- Add shredded turkey, carrots, celery, onion and rice.
- Stir all together and serve hot.
If you don't have any stock leftover - shame on you. Kidding - just throw some water in your pot and a few chicken bouillon cubes, or chicken stock from the can or box.
You can add corn, or hominy or noodles - whatever you have in your pantry. Again, this is not something I get fussy about - if you don't have an ingredient - don't worry about it - use something else, or just leave it out.