Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Father's Day

I'm not sure how, but Father's Day seemed to sneak up on me.  I thought I had way more time to get things ready than I did.  Anyhow, I wanted to do what I could to make it special for D.


D's favorite breakfast is bacon so I made sure to make him some for breakfast, with biscuits and tea.  I made a little sign and glued it to his plate for fun.  In hindsight, I should have made the sign MUCH shorter! 


I made a banner.  I had it as one piece but I couldn't find the step stool and I was trying to hurry before D got up - I was having some issues so I cut it in half.


The first half.


The second half.


Denver and D!

After breakfast, we visited for awhile then I made some lunch before D's parents had to leave and D had to go to work.  I made him a meatloaf, mashed potatoes, turnip greens and a peanut butter chocolate chip pound cake with peanut butter drizzle.

Then Denver and I got him a new grill cover and a couple of grill plates for his grill.

He said he loved it all and had a great day (even though he had to work).



1 comment:

Heather said...

You are such a good wife and D is a great dad! That peanut butter chocolate chip pound cake with peanut butter drizzle sounds so good!