Thursday, December 30, 2010

Changes!

I've been wanting to update the lights and the faucets in the guest bathroom since we moved in. I don't want anything much different than what's in there - just updated mainly. I sometimes think that you can make a huge different with small changes. I'm hoping that we can get these replaced over the New Year's weekend, but as our life goes - I'm not holding my breath. Here is what is currently in there:
I hate light fixtures like this!

Our faucets aren't quite this shiny, but they have the white ends that make them look so out-dated.

This is what I'm planning to go with for replacements: The installation of these fixtures should be easy because it's really similar to what's up there, but it's traditional and updated and I don't think that it will be outdated in 5-10 years. Whoever is in this house after us, can enjoy them as well.
I love how well this faucet matches the light fixture, and it's not even the same brand. I like the traditional look and the fact that it comes in brushed nickel because I don't like the look of stainless in the bathroom. Another thing that I'm wanting to do is frame the bathroom mirror. I think that's a small, inexpensive change that has a huge impact on the way your bathroom looks. Remodelaholic has a guest post and Southern Hospitality posted about framing bathroom mirrors and even posted tutorials about how easy it was. Surely, I can do it too! PS: These pictures are courtesy of Home Depot's website!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of when you get it finished! I bet it will look great!!