Saturday, November 12, 2011

Custom Bow Holder

My niece will be here in just three short months so I've been spending the last few days getting an idea if what I'm making for her room. I've already bought her a couple of bows and made her a few more so I knew for sure I wanted to make her a bow holder. I actually started with a sign I had but wasn't thrilled with in my laundry room. I took it outside and sprayed it with white primer three different times. Then I sprayed it with Krylon's "Peekaboo Blue" twice. Then I took it inside, designed the wording on my wonderful Silhouette machine and then when I went to cut the vinyl I realized that I didn't have the color I wanted so I decided to just cut the words out in black. I placed the words and decided to spray over the blue & vinyl and change the plaque to brown. I sprayed it with Rustoleum's "Espresso". I did three coats of the brown & when it dried I brought it inside & peeled the vinyl off. This gave it a hand-painted look without having to hand paint it. Then I made a bow in the rest of her nursery colors to tie it all together. First of all, I'll show you what her nursery bedding looks like...
Isn't it adorable? I love that it's not pink or purple! It's called "Sundae" by Cocalo. Without further ado, here is her bow holder:

So much of the stuff I'm making for her room is yellow and red so I really wanted to make sure I incorporated some blue and brown. I can't wait to see it hung up in her room!

No comments: