Zucchini & Corn Salad
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook bacon in a skillet and Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Drain bacon, chop, and set aside.
- Heat the bacon drippings in the skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the zucchini, corn, and onion until tender but still crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Spoon vegetables into a bowl, and sprinkle with chopped bacon and shredded cheese.
Here is a picture of the first time that I made it (before I put the cheese on it). I had way more corn than I thought I had, but it was really good and everyone enjoyed it!