Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef & Veggies
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 pound lean ground beef/sirloin
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ¼ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half, and place "meat" side down into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Fill the dish half full of water and place in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take a fork and rake it along the squash to remove all of the pulp, place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in the green pepper, red pepper, red onion, and garlic.
- Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Mix the shredded squash and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat, and mix in 2 cups cheese until melted.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
If you use the Weight Watchers shredded cheese (or something similiar in calorie/fat content), then each serving of this casserole is only 4 points!