Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween - Recap

Friday at lunch, I ran to Kirkland's to look around and I stumbled across some pet costumes (they only had Jack-O-Lanterns) and some little felt bags for trick-or-treating. They already had them 50% off, so I decided to pick one of each up for Coco, instead of going to Wal-Mart or Petsmart to get something for her.
Isn't this adorable? It was normally $15, but I wound up getting it for $3 and the bag was normally $4 and I got it for $2, so with tax and everything - $5.95 for the whole kit and kaboodle!
I went to a Halloween Party at a friend's on Friday night while Darren was at work and then when he got off, and was able to sleep some, we got up and took Coco to the Howl-O-Ween Festival that Bridgeland was having. A dear friend of mine is the Recreation Director there, so we wanted to make sure we could stop by and support her.

Here is Coco, in her Jack-O-Lantern outfit!

Here is my dear friend Elizabeth, and her dog Kahlua.

And The Fountain Family!
We took Coco to Petsmart afterward so that she could get a treat because she was so good at the festival. We got her some treats, took her home and dropped her off and then Darren and I went and ate at the Texas Roadhouse and then ran over to Hobby Lobby. We made it back home about 8:30 and he quickly changed the porch light so trick-or-treaters would know we were in business. Since we got home so late, we only had about 10 kids come by and that was in a big group of like 8 and then 2 more kids. I hate that we didn't get any more than that. Next year - we will have to make sure we are home earlier. All in all, we had a Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good time!!I'm glad Coco got to enjoy Halloween too!!