Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We're In The Hospital

Yesterday evening Denver seemed to be getting worse pretty quickly. After he woke up from a late nap I went to change his diaper and he was really hot. I took his temperature and it was 101.1 so I called D & told him that I was packing him up so we could take him to the hospital when he got home from work.

We went to Texas Children's Hospital and were immediately sent back to be checked. In less than 10 minutes (a nurse listening to him breathe & taking his temperature) they told us they would be giving him a room immediately and after an examination would be moving us up to a regular room.



This picture still makes me cry. I have never felt so helpless in my entire life. I would have done anything in the world to make my sweet little boy feel better & take his pain away.



They had to try in both arms and one foot before they could get his IV placed in his foot. His skin was so clammy & he was a bit dehydrated so they said that it was way more difficult than usual.
They got him set with IV fluids and have him a couple of breathing treatments before they moved us upstairs to our room.



That bed honestly took my breath away.



Seeing my sweet boy in it, made my heart hurt more than I have ever imagined it could.



He started sleeping on his side while we were there. I think it was probably easier for him to breathe because regardless of how you put him down, he always managed to get back to that same side and in that same position.

So far, we're told that he has a severe case of RSV and pneumonia in one lung.

They are doing everything possible to make him better as quickly as they can.

Just keep my baby boy in your prayers!

No comments: