Friday, May 29, 2009

Favorite Ingredient Friday - Greastest Hits Edition

This week, Overwhelmed's Favorite Ingredient Friday is a trip down memory lane, as we are re-visiting some of our favorite ingredients that we have already posted.

Since summer is upon us and it's going to be hotter than hades - there is nothing that I would rather do that sit pool side (or lake side) with a nice big frozen concoction in my hand. That being said, I am re-visiting my Frozen Mudslide recipe. I think it's time to open the liquor cabinet and get summer started! Anyone with me?

Frozen Mudslide
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 2 jiggers vodka
  • 2 jiggers coffee flavored liqueur
  • 2 jiggers Irish cream liqueur
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • ½ cup whipped cream

Directions:

  1. In a blender, combine ice cream, vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur.
  2. Drizzle in Chocolate syrup.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream and some more chocolate syrup.

Enjoy!

To see my original post, click here: http://darrenfountainfamily.blogspot.com/2009/01/favorite-ingredient-friday.html

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh yeah, frozen mudslides! Now that's my kind of recipe. :) I will be trying this very soon.

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Greatest Hits Edition recipe exchange. I’m doing a Weight Watcher’s Edition today!