Friday, January 23, 2009

Favorite Ingredient Friday

This recipe, single handedly got me through the holidays! I know all of you are expecting some wonderful no-fail gravy recipe or something fantastic to wow the in-laws with. The truth is, after fretting about gravy and impressing the in-laws - it was this recipe that I turned to!
Frozen Mudslides
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 2 jiggers vodka
  • 2 jiggers coffee flavored liqueur
  • 2 jiggers Irish cream liqueur
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • ½ cup whipped cream

Directions:

  1. In a blender, combine ice cream, vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur.
  2. Drizzle in Chocolate syrup.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream and some more chocolate syrup.

Ok, this really is a phenominal recipe for mudslides. Trust me! You can substitute the vanilla ice cream for ice if you want, but I don't recommend it because the ice cream really makes these delicious.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I'm wishing I had all the ingredients right now to make one of these! :)

I'll have to go grocery shopping.

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Pie Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope you'll join me again this next Friday for my Super Bowl edition!