Christmas morning, I woke up late (surprise, surprise) and my goal to have a wonderful homemade breakfast before opening presents almost went out the window, thankfully - I had this trusty recipe tucked away and a German Apple Strudel in the freezer (that was given to us on Christmas Eve). Anyhow - in an hour - I had a hot, delicious breakfast on the table and everyone was happy.
Ham & Cheese Omelet Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package of diced ham
- 1 package of real bacon pieces
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, making sure that they are mixed very well and have a 'frothy' top.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Stir in ham, bacon, and then add the cheese and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 4 quart casserole dish and bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until top is lightly browned.