Chicken Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium size red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard (or stoneground mustard if you can’t find Creole)
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere’s)
- vegetable oil
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, green onions and garlic.
- Saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, bread crumbs, egg, mayo, mustard and creole seasoning.
- Shape into patties.
- Fry in a small amount of vegetable oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with remoulade sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼-½ tsp. ground red pepper
- Stir together until well-blended.