Tuesday, December 13, 2011

3 Months Old

It is almost completely impossible for me to wrap my brain around the fact that Denver is 3 months old. I'm with him every single day and I still cannot tell you where the time has gone. I will say though that we've had some tough times (with tummy issues) and some wonderful times (his first smile, etc) and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. God has so beaded D and I with this precious little boy that we are SO IN LOVE WITH! I cannot imagine my life without him and I'm so, so glad and thankful every day that God let's me wake up (even at 4am) and be his mom! Ok, enough mushy stuff - and a little about what my sweet boy is up to.


Denver weighs (as of last week) 15 pounds and 12 1/2 ounces. He wears 0-3 clothes but has grown out of pajamas that size. He is in a size 1 diaper still but will for sure be moving up when we finish this box ;) He drinks 5 ounces every 3 hours, and still sleeps through the night. He has been trying very hard to hold his bottle on his own. He can for a couple of seconds but we're working on longer. He can now (knowingly) remove his pacifier from his mouth. Before, he could "side swipe" it but now he can reach up & grab it. He loves sitting up & looking around. He wants to do that the majority of the day. He still has tummy time, now he has it 2-3 times a day. Sometimes he's content for just a minute or two but in the evenings he's starting to go a little longer. He's very interested in what's going on around him. He's a very happy/content baby unless you try to make him sit/Kay when he doesn't want to or in a position he doesn't want to be in - then $h*t hits the fan! He's starting to fight his carseat. He tries to sit up and gets frustrated that he's not strong enough to yet and that he's buckled in. He recently rode around sitting up in his stroller. He was throwing a major fit in his carrier so we took him out and put him in the stroller and he loved looking around. It's so exciting to see the things that catch his attention and make him smile but it's also bittersweet that he's growing so fast! We'll be celebrating his first birthday before we know it!

No comments: