Thursday, December 22, 2011

Denver's First Toga Party

Since we brought Denver home, he's been sleeping in a pack n play (in the bassinet), propped up on his boppy pillow. The pillow made him feel more secure & kept him propped up (which the Dr. recommended because he was having some drainage/sinus issues for a good while). I originally had the pillow in the bassinet sideways so he was facing the side of the bassinet but as he got longer I turned the pillow so he was sleeping facing the end of the bassinet. Here recently, he's decided that he doesn't want to sleep in the boppy anymore. He wiggles and he squirms until he's completely out of it & laying flat. We've been having a lot of sleeping issues lately (he was going through his 3 month growth spurt) and we're trying to adjust to him sleeping flat in the bassinet. He is very squirmy & keeps making his way across the bassinet & then touches the sides or the ends and wakes himself and me up. I was desperate this week (he had been waking up 4 times a night to eat) so I dug through all of his stuff and found a swaddle blanket/sack that would fit him. I wrapped him up & put him in his bouncer and bounced him to sleep. Thankfully, he only got up twice to eat last night and didn't wake up because of his squirming, but when I woke up this morning, this is what I saw...


It almost looks like he is wearing a mini toga. So cute but I'm completely amazed that he could get out of it. I had it tight. That gives you an idea of how much he wiggles and squirms! We're going to try it again tonight & see what kind of luck we have!

No comments: