Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Coco Treats

I found this recipe in one of my mother-in-laws Paula Deen holiday magazines. She had made them for Coco at Christmas time and she loved them so I thought I'd make them for her again. These are like crack to her. I keep them in the fridge and she will run to the fridge every time you go into the kitchen, hoping to get one (or two) of these.
First of all, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Then mix together the following:
2 (4 ounce) jars of Chicken & Vegetable baby food
1/2 cup of powdered milk
1 cup of wheat germ

It will look like this! I mixed it all together and then used my smallest ice cream scoop (the size you use for mini muffins) to make little balls.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then drop the treats onto it, just like you would with cookies.

Then take a fork, dip it into warm water, shake off excess and gently press the treats down, like the picture shows.

Bake for 15 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. This recipe will make 2 dozen treats. Hope your furry little friends enjoy them!

1 comment:

Missy F said...

HAHA! I found your blog via another & saw "coco treat" and thought a chocolate "people" recipe was to follow lol! Don't think these are what I was looking for, but my yellow lab maverick would LOVE them ; )