Hope all is well with everyone! Things have been busy around here and it doesn't look like they are going to slow down anytime soon! That being said, even with all the craziness - I always look forward to Favorite Ingredient Friday and I know a couple of girlfriends that would kill me if I missed it, so - here ya go! :) I know with the weather getting warmer and spring on us and summer just right around the corner - the grills will be coming out very soon. With Darren "manning" the grill - I usually take care of the salad and at least one of the sides while he takes care of the meat and usually grills some veggies.
Since he can leave what he is cooking for awhile - we like to grab a couple of glasses of vino, or a couple of beers and sit out back. The only way I know that I can do that - is by cooking something that doesn't require me to "babysit" it. Thus, twice baked potatoes entered our culinary world. They are creamy and lucious like mashed potatoes, but I don't have to watch a boiling pot.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce potatoes and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Set potatoes aside to cool, and drop the oven down to 350 degrees.
- When the potatoes are cool, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out the pulp and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, milk and salt; beat until fluffy.
- Beat in cream cheese and sour cream.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden brown.