Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke

We pulled out of our driveway on Friday and I quickly began singing "East bound and down, loaded up and trucking...". I feel that song and "On The Road Again" should be the theme songs to our life! Sometimes, I feel like I have wheels on my butt - we are on the road so much! Last Friday morning we headed to Center for a Pampered Chef party that I was the consultant for, a 1st Birthday party and a small gathering for Darren's birthday (he just hit the big 2-8)! Because Darren is addicted to any and every bookstore, we had to stop in Nacogdoches at Hastings so he could go in for "just a bit" which clearly means 1 hour. Because that's the least amount of time Darren can possibly be in a bookstore. It's some kind of man law thing. Coco and I stayed in the car and waited for dad.

She was getting hot (even though I had the a/c on so high that I was covered with a blanket) and thirsty and I couldn't go inside to get her some water because there was no way I was leaving her in the car.
So, I offered her the only thing that I had.
Coca Cola!

I was trying to get her attention! Her little eyes were glued to the door, waiting for Darren!

I tilted that cup up and she was a little hesitant at first, but then she tasted it and must have been in Heaven!

She practically stuck her whole head in that cup, trying to get as much as she possibly could! Needless to say, she thought it was delicious. She drank over half of that cup and spilled plenty on my blanket and on her little paws. And in true fat kid fashion, wiggled and grunted when I tried to wipe her down with a baby wipe to get all the coke off her before we both turned into sticky messes.
If I knew that a little bit of that icy cold refreshment would bring so much joy to everyone else, I'd Like to Buy The World a Coke!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awww!!! She's funny!! She acts just like a little kid!

Melissa said...

I just sat here literally laughing outloud at your post!!! HA HAHAAA!!!