Friday, March 13, 2009

Favorite Ingredient Friday - Side Dish Edition (Zucchini & Corn Salad)

Both zucchini and sweet corn are in season right now, so I thought I would share something that included both of those great (and versatile) vegetables. Hope you like it!

Zucchini & Corn Salad

  • 4 slices bacon
  • 2 cups zucchini, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
  • 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:

  1. Cook bacon in a skillet and Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
  2. Drain bacon, chop, and set aside.
  3. Heat the bacon drippings in the skillet over medium heat.
  4. Sauté the zucchini, corn, and onion until tender but still crisp, about 10 minutes.
  5. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
  6. Spoon vegetables into a bowl, and sprinkle with chopped bacon and shredded cheese.

Here is a picture of the first time that I made it (before I put the cheese on it). I had way more corn than I thought I had, but it was really good and everyone enjoyed it!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy. What do you serve yours with?

Kristen said...

This sounds really really good.

Anonymous said...

Darn that looks good!