Friday, July 22, 2011

An Inexpensive Gift

A friend of mine's birthday was Tuesday and I didn't get to see her, so her and another friend of ours and I went out to dinner Wednesday so I decided I wanted to take her a little something for her birthday. I have a card for her but I thought something sweet to go with it might be nice.

I ran to the store and got what I needed to make homemade chocolate chip cookies. I made some up, let them cool and decided to wrap them in a little cellophane. I got them all wrapped up and tied with a rubber band, but the top of the cellophane really needs to be trimmed because it takes away from the rest of the "package". I just trimmed a little off the top. If you're going to do something like this, make sure that you don't trim it even, make it a little jagged - it lays nicer.

Then I got out some "Happy Birthday" ribbon I already had and tied it with a small bow. I'm pretty sure that instead of store bought gifts, I'm going to be making more gifts like this from now on. For one, it's a lot cheaper and since I'm on maternity leave and not making any money - that's a plus and second of all, it's a nice "from the heart" gift that I think most people would enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice little gift :)

-H