Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Maternity Leave

So, today was my first day of "Maternity Leave". I'm trying to take it as easy as possible and still get some things done around here so I slept until 7:30 and made Denver and I a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast and then started on laundry. I took the whole weekend off (of chores) because D was home and I wanted to spend every minute with him (we haven't had a chance to do that in a long while). So, I had some laundry to catch up on. I got some laundry started then went to the living room to watch tv and put my feet up. I did this cycle until a little before lunch when I had all of my laundry done (and folded). Now, it's just sitting in the baskets waiting for me to put it up! I made some lunch and went back to the living room. D got home from getting my oil changed, and filling my car up with gas (such a sweet husband) and we hung out and watched tv until about 4, when we went to take a nap. Hard life, huh? I kind of feel guilty about it, but it was so nice. I woke up about 5:30 and picked up the kitchen and got all the trash together for him to take out. He took everything out and we stared dinner. We sat down and ate dinner and he got up to get ready for work. All in all, it was a productive day that I was still able to relax and put my feet up during. I'm hoping I can get a little done each day so that I'm not up a whole lot on any day, but I can still get stuff done around here that needs to be done.

I'm thinking about trying to make my own laundry detergent, and I want to steam clean the living room, and I need to mop but I'm thinking I'll break it up and do one (or two) things everyday and it won't be so bad!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy the relaxing time to yourself because you know it's not going to last forever. If you get bored and need something to do, let me know! :) I can help you find things to search for online. By the way, do you know of any good websites to get ideas for bridal hair dos?

Amanda said...

Sounds like you've been pretty productive! Enjoy this time to rest and spend time with Darren. There won't be as much down time after the baby comes.