Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Painted Wine Glass

Since I have some time on my hands, I have decided to make a few things before Denver gets here. Mainly for him, but I did want to throw in something for me!
I decided that I would paint a wine glass and use it to hold my ice at the hospital. Then, I got to worrying about the glass so I bought this plastic hurricane style glass at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 instead. I picked up some "It's a Boy" ribbon and a few paint pens (I was trying to make this easy on myself instead of getting glass paint and all that jazz).
I was worried that my hand wasn't steady enough to decorate all over the glass without making it look insane, getting upset and then having to start over with a new glass. So, I got out my silhouette machine and cut out some vinyl. Instead of using the pieces I cut out, I used the outline of each piece as a stencil.
Placing all of the stencils was a little time consuming, but I figured the effort would be worth it in the end.
Then, I got out my paint pens and away I went. I bought the cheapest paint pens I could get with a fine tip. They are made by Tree House Studio and I purchased them at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 each. Whoever invented paint pens must be rich because the brand I normally buy (and don't pay any attention obviously) are $5 each! Wowza!

Once I got everything painted (two coats) and it dried, I started taking the stencils off. This is the side of the glass. I am in love with the tiny baby feet. I think that's my favorite thing about the glass! This is the back.
And the bottom. I'm sure this has some truth to it! :) And this is the glass all finished with a small bow. I have it all wrapped up and with the rest of the stuff I need to pack to take to the hospital. How cute is it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you wash this glass after creating it? I've heard that treehouse markets can wash off.