Saturday, April 21, 2012

Denver's Baby Book

Denver is now 7 months old and I'm embarrassed to say that I just now sat down to start working on his baby book.

Well, that's not entirely true. I tried to work on it right after his birth but I decided that I didn't like it so I wanted to start over. I didn't buy a traditional baby book because I wasn't thrilled with any of the ones that I had seen. I decided that I wanted to make some sort of digital scrapbook so I turned to www.mixbook.com and decided to start from scratch.

They have so many templates and backgrounds that it's a bit overwhelming but I decided to start with a blank canvas and see what I could come up with on my own.

This time around, I have more of an idea of where I want to go with this book and what I want the "end product" to be.

I'm so excited with how much I've been able to get done today (28 pages) and how many ideas I've had about other pages.

These pictures are awful. I was too lazy to do a screen capture and so I just took a pic of my computer, with my phone.

Here are some previews of what I've been working on...



Pumpkin Patch pictures!



Halloween & Carving Denver's first pumpkin



Denver's Christmas Pictures



First trip to see Santa



First trip to see the Bluebonnets

I decided that I'd find or create backgrounds to match the pictures instead of keeping a general theme throughout the whole book. I'm thrilled with the fact that you can use pictures as backgrounds (like I did with the bluebonnet pages).

On every page, I've include the date and what happened that day and how Denver reacted - like a regular baby book would.

My goal is to have it done for his 1st birthday party. Wish me luck!

No comments: