Friday, April 27, 2012

The Scene of the Crime


This morning, Marleigh had an explosive diaper so I sat Denver on the floor of his bedroom with some toys while I took her to the bathroom to get her cleaned up and bathed.  When Marleigh and I were coming out of the bathroom, Denver started fussing. 

We walked into his room and this is what we saw:


I couldn't help but laugh.  I'm not really sure what he was doing to wind up like this.  D seems to think he was "working" on the walker. 

I haven't let him actually use it to stand up with yet.  It makes me so nervous that he is going to fall down and possibly hurt himself.  I think I'm hindering his "travel" - I'm so afraid he's going to get hurt. 

When he was sick and in the hospital earlier this year, all we saw were little boys with broken bones there!  I keep thinking of that every day when he is trying to get into something.  I know that I have to let go so he can learn, but I'mn having such a hard time with it.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

M had that toy and it was terrible. He would fall over even long after he was walking well because its not stable at all. The base isn't wide enough to help the baby stand up... Just for the record.

He did have fun when I took the front part off and let him play with that. :-)