Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Recap: Denver's First Halloween

We woke up bright and early and went into the kitchen to make some Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate. I found the recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been wanting to try it. I promptly deleted the recipe from my account - neither D nor cared for it. It's tastes way too much like you're drinking a pumpkin pie. I might have added a bit too many spices. It looked way too "spice-y". Oh well, it was worth a shot!

We got all of that cleaned up and went and got dressed and got everything ready to carve Denver's first pumpkin.

He started out asleep. I mean completely passed out, as you can see. Then he woke up & was MAD!!!

We had a bit of a meltdown for a few minutes. Then mom picked him up and rocked him and put him in his bouncer and all was golden. He had realized that it was nap time and he wasn't reclined back asleep and he just wasn't going to have any of that nonsense!

Then he helped dad carve the pumpkin.

And then he helped mom scoop out all of the "guts" and clean the pumpkin out. All of that carving and scooping made us work up an appetite so Denver and I went to the kitchen to make lunch while dad went to work.

He was very helpful!

We made ghostly grilled cheese & tomato soup but Denver opted for milk. Denver needed a nap after all that work, so mom washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen and did some chores while he napped. I got done and he was still napping so I decided to head into the office for a bit to finish up all of our goodies that we were taking to our friends.

He was still asleep so I decided to make a pacifier clip to match his little outfit. Not too shabby for my first one! When he got up, we headed outside to take some pictures.

Isn't this adorable? I made that sign a couple of weeks ago and that was the pumpkin his dad carved for him this morning.

Our little pumpkin! He sat there for the longest time and let me take pictures. Unfortunately, all of the ones that he's smiling in he's also looking away. Then we went inside and got dressed and Denver took a few minutes to open his "Treat" from mom and dad. Since he can't have candy - we decided that he needed some goodies.

He got a few books and a pumpkin bib, in a re-useable trick-or-treat sack that he can take trick-or-treating next year.

Then we tried our costume on and took a few pictures! He was all smiles! We drove over to my sister and brother-in-laws house so that he could take pictures with the big kids before they left to go trick-or-treating.

He wasn't as happy the second time around! We left there and went to a friend's house in the neighborhood so we could see their new house and they could see him. He was asleep for awhile but he woke up and he was ready to go home so he got fussy.

He had another meltdown and cried the whole way home. Aunt Mer was there to see him when we got home so he had a bottle and visited with her and he was all better.

Mom decorated his bumbo for the day!

And then he helped mom make some Halloween brownies for dad! He's such a good helper!

Didn't he do a good job?

Then it was bathtime and time to get our pjs on. After a full day, mom was ready for bedtime!

Isn't he so sweet?

He only slept like that for about half an hour and then he was up and wide awake until after 1am! I guess he was paying mommy back for keeping him up most of the day!

All in all, we had a great day and definitely a memorable "first" Halloween for little D. Now, if he'll only sleep in tomorrow! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH.MY.GOSH. him sitting in the pumpkin is the CUTEST picture EVER!!!!