Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cheap Bathroom Update

I've been meaning to do a little something to our guest bathroom. I don't have any decor in there because I'm not sure that I want to stick with the color scheme that I have in there (brown, gold, tan, and cream), but I'm not sure what I want to do so I don't want to spend money on things that I'm just going to turn around and get rid of.
So, on a trip to Wal-Mart I picked up two 88 cent soap dispensers (I have two sinks in that bathroom), and decided to come home and spray paint them Espresso. I figured it would add a little color to the white countertop.
Then, I found some leftover beige vinyl and decided I'd cut out a couple of pieces to put on each one of them.
I dug around in a drawer and found some leftover gold ribbon to tie around them.
And this is what I wound up with. Not too shabby for 88 cent soap and a bunch of leftover craft pieces.
The next day, while I was out, I stopped by the Goodwill store and found a canister for $2.99 and two candle holders for $1.99 each.
I came home and cut another piece of vinyl for the canister.
Here it is.
I got a couple of candles at Hobby Lobby for 50% off and stuck those on the candle holders, put everything else out and here it is.
Don't mind me and the broom in the background - I'm nesting - lots of cleaning going on around here these days. But here is the countertop now. Not too shabby for spending less than $20 total. It's a little something to make it feel "homey" until I can figure out what I really want to go with in there.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think that looks cute! I would keep it like that.

rashelle said...

that is awesome, if i paid you for some of those symbols would you make me some?